Management & Leadership
- Colvin, G., "How Are Most Admired Companies Different? They Invest in People and Keep Them Employed—Even in a Downturn," Fortune (22 March 2010): 82.
- Boudreau, J. W., and P. R. Ramstad, Beyond HR: The New Science of Human Capital (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard Business Press, 2007).
- Rynes, S. L., A. E. Colbert, and K. G. Brown, "HR Professionals' Beliefs About Effective Human Resource Practices: Correspondence Between Research and Practice," Human Resource Management 41, no. 2 (2002): 149–174. See also Rynes, S. L., T. L. Giluk, and K. G. Brown, "The Very Separate Worlds of Academic and Practitioner Publications in Human Resource Management: Implications for Evidence-Based Management," Academy of Management Journal 50, no. 5 (2007): 987–1008.
- Briner, R. B., D. Denyer, and D. M. Rousseau, "Evidence-Based Management: Concept Cleanup Time?" Academy of Management Perspectives 23, no. 4 (2009): 19–32.
- This section draws material from Chapter 9 in Boudreau and Ramstad, Beyond HR (Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2007).
- Lawler, E. E. III, A. Levenson, and J. W. Boudreau, "HR Metrics and Analytics—Uses and Impacts," Human Resource Planning Journal 27, no. 4 (2004): 27–35.
- Cook, M. F., and S. B. Gildner, Outsourcing Human Resources Functions, 2nd ed. (Alexandria, Va.: Society for Human Resource Management, 2006). See also Lawler, E. E. III, D. Ulrich, J. Fitz-enz, and J. Madden, Human Resources Business Process Outsourcing (Hoboken, N.J.: Jossey-Bass, 2000).
- Rucci, A. J., S. P. Kirn, and R. T. Quinn, "The Employee-Customer-Profit Chain at Sears," Harvard Business Review (January–February 1998): 83–97.
- Boudreau, John W., Retooling HR: Using Proven Business Models to Improve Decisions About Talent (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard Business Publishing, 2010).
- Boudreau, Retooling HR, Chapter 5.