- Aug 17, 2007
- Low Wages for High-Quality Work
- The Final Piece of the Low-Wage Puzzle: Nonunion Labor
- Lax Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations
- The Catalytic Role of Foreign Direct Investment
- Network Industrial Clustering in Chinas Ultimate Pin Factories
- Rampant Piracy and Counterfeiting
- Beggaring Thy Neighbors with a Chronically Undervalued Currency
- Massive Subsidies and the Great Protectionist Walls of China
- Summing It All Up
Summing It All Up
In this foundation chapter, we have examined the nine key drivers of the China Price. Clearly, the ability of Chinese entrepreneurs to offer the China Price across an incredibly diverse array of industries is China’s premier weapon of mass production—one that is at the root of China’s conquest of one export market after another.
The remaining chapters demonstrate how China’s export-led hyper-growth is, in turn, spawning a thousand different points of conflict in the Coming China Wars. And no conflict may be more sharp and bloody than the one examined in the next chapter.