Charles D. Kirkpatrick
Charles D. Kirkpatrick II, CMT, is
- President, Kirkpatrick & Company, Inc., Kittery, Maine--a private firm specializing in technical research; editor and publisher of the Market Strategist newsletter.
- Adjunct Professor of Finance, Brandeis University International School of Business, Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Director and Vice President, Market Technicians Association Educational Foundation, Cambridge, Massachusetts--a charitable foundation dedicated to encouraging and providing educational courses in technical analysis at the college and university level.
- Past editor, Journal of Technical Analysis, New York, New York--the official journal of technical analysis research.
- Past director, Market Technicians Association, New York, New York--an association of professional technical analysts.
In his life in the stock and options markets, Mr. Kirkpatrick has been a hedge fund manager, investment advisor, advisor to floor and desk traders and portfolio managers, institutional stock broker, options trader, desk and large-block trader, lecturer and speaker on aspects of technical analysis to professional and academic groups, expert legal witness on the stock market, owner of several small businesses, owner of an institutional brokerage firm, and part owner of a CBOE options trading firm. His research has been published in Barron’s and elsewhere. In 1993 and 2001, he won the Charles H. Dow Award for excellence in technical research, and in 2009, he won the MTA award for his contributions to technical analysis. Educated at Phillips Exeter Academy, Harvard College (A.B.) and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (M.B.A.), he was also a decorated combat officer with the 1st Cavalry Division in Vietnam. He currently resides in Maine with his wife, Ellie, and their various domestic animals.