- Christopher Blake the relevant career highlights:
- A successful business manager managing director of publishing companies for Reed Elsevier, Thomson, and Wolters Kluwer
- A successful dot com entrepreneur still an investor and director of the internet business established in 1998 (www.babyworld.com).
- A founding investment director for a listed venture capital firm (Inflexion plc)
- A successful private investor and experienced non-executive director
- A popular lecturer an associate lecturer at Oxford Brookes Management School, and an Associate at the Oxford Brookes Enterprise Centre
- A poker player since his teens
- Unusually, Chris has experience of taking business decisions from all sides as a business manager, an entrepreneur, an institutional investor, and as a private investor - and has stacked up a host of anecdotes from each world.
- The ideas behind the book have been developed from a series of talks he has given to business managers on decision making, investing, and poker over the past five years. Delegate feedback from a recent course included the following: Dynamic and enjoyable; Challenging and stimulating; Very useful, particularly good for taking back to day-to-day job and decision making; Inspiring and thoughtful; Brilliant. Clear message, very good examples