60-Second Commute, The: A Guide to Your 24/7 Home Office Life, Adobe Reader
Product Author Bios
ERICA ORLOFF is a writer, editor, and novelist whose books include the children's titles The Best Friend's Handbook and Balloonatiks: The First Goopy, Goofy, Loopy Adventure (based on an upcoming cartoon series), and the novel Spanish Disco, as well as the upcoming Diary of a Blues Goddess. She has worked from home for a decade, as a consultant to the publishing industry, and has edited hundreds of titles, including several bestsellers. She is a veteran radio talk show guest and has appeared on numerous shows.
KATHY LEVINSON, Ph.D. is a psychologist, author, publisher, and lecturer who works from her home office in New York. Levinson is best known for First Aid for Tantrums and has appeared on such national shows as Good Morning America, The O'Reilly Factor, MSNBC, and Sally Jesse Raphael.
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
The 60-Second Commute is the start-to-finish sourcebook for everyone with a home office-or a dream. It brings together practical solutions for childcare, balancing work and family, health insurance, managing your time, organizing your office, marketing, technology, budgeting, vacations, taxes, incorporation, and more. It's all you need to make working at home productive, profitable, and personally satisfying.
Table of Contents
1. Next Stop—Home.
2. Creating Space for Your 60-Second Commute.
3. Technology: 60-Second Commute Essentials.
4. The 24/7 Lifestyle: Time Management in the Home Office.
5. Organization: How to Get Your Act Together.
6. Professionalism in the Home Office.
7. Get the Ball Rolling: Business & Budget Plans.
8. Taxes: Don't Get Caught Asleep at the Wheel.
9. Legal Eagles: Understanding Your Business and the Law.
10. Insurance in the Home Office.
11. Pink Slip Blues.
12. Child Care: Life on the High Wire.
13. Strategies for Hanging In When the Going Gets Tough.
14. Telecommuting Proposals: Getting into the Home Office.
15. Marketing Yourself and Your Small Business.
Appendix A. Government Resources.
Appendix B. Organizations and Associations.
Appendix C. Start-Up Assistance.
Appendix D. Web Hot Spots.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.