Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Finance in a Nutshell: A no-nonsense companion to the tools and techniques of finance
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 6x9
- Pages: 408
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-273-67540-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-273-67540-2
No other book is a comprehensive toolkit of financial issues, instructive, and so easy to read, all at the same time this is an easy-to-read guide to the hard-to-understand stuff of business finance.
- The author regularly gives talks, seminars, and courses for executives and is very aware of their lack of understanding (or their inability to remember) simple but key financial concepts and tools. He is continually asked to recommend a simple book that helps them to refresh key financial concepts and tools.
- Self-contained: Other than some elementary algebra, no other previous knowledge will be necessary to understand the concepts discussed.
- Comprehensive: It will contain most or all topics, concepts, and tools that executives can easily forget, find hard to understand, and/or would like to know more about.
- Simple and easy to read: Many well-educated executives have all but forgotten their finance and are regularly put off by books that are far more academic than they need. This book will be written in a simple and conversational style.
- Concise with short chapters throughout: This is critical as many executives are put off by long books or never ending chapters.
- Essential elementary theory and many real-world examples. All concepts and tools will be illustrated with catchy and factual examples.
- Excel: Spreadsheets have become an inseparable part of working in Finance and this book will show readers how to use Excel to simplify their work.
- Test Yourself: problems with worked numerical solutions throughout.
Table of Contents
PART 1. RISK AND RETURN
1 Returns I: Basic concepts
2 Returns II: Mean returns
3 Risk I: Total risk
4 Risk and return I: Portfolios
5 Risk II: Diversification
6 Risk III: Systematic Risk
7 Risk and return II: The CAPM, and the cost of capital
8 Risk and return III: Alternatives to the CAPM
9 Risk IV: Downside risk
10 Risk and return IV: Risk-adjusted returns
11 Risk and return V: Optimal portfolios
12 Risk and return: VI: The long run
PART 2. VALUATION
13 Stocks I: The dividend discount model
14 Stocks II: The WACC model
15 Stocks III: Other DCF models
16 Stocks IV: Reverse valuation
17 Stocks V: Relative valuation
18 Bonds I: Prices and yields
19 Bonds II: Default risk and market risk
20 Bonds III: Duration and convexity
PART 3. OTHER IMPORTANT TOPICS
21 NPV and IRR
22 Real options
23 Corporate value creation
25 Futures and forwards
PART 4. STATISTICAL BACKGROUND
27 Stats I: Summary statistics
28 Stats II: Normality
29 Stats III: Non-normality
30 Stats IV: Regression analysis
Part V: Learning Scripts for Programs
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.