Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Financial Times Guide to Business Development: How to Win Profitable Customers and Clients
- Your Price: $27.99
- List Price: $34.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 6-1/4 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 192
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-273-75953-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-273-75953-9
“The Financial Times Guide to Business Development is inspirational. It is easy to read, hard to put down and there are absolute gems on every page. Read it and get fired up.”
Jonathan Straight, Chief Executive of Straight plc, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2006
“Ian’s insights into how business is getting it wrong, act as a powerful catalyst to help businesses of all sizes improve and develop in a tough climate.”
Len Tingle, BBC Political Editor, Yorkshire, veteran BBC broadcaster and writer on business issues.
“… an interesting and insightful book that breaks down ‘what good businesses do’, in a format that is easy to understand. A really good read.”
Gary Brook, Head of Corporate Communication, Leeds Building Society
“This is a game changer for any business wishing to grow and develop.”
Viv Williams, CEO, 360 Legal Group
“If you have a business that needs a boost, then it shows how anyone can become a ninja at business development.”
Heather Townsend, author of The Financial Times Guide To Business Networking
What do we have to do to be more successful?
How do we attract new customers and clients?
How do we work more effectively with the customers or clients we already have?
How do we generate more profit?
By the time you have read and digested the 650+ tips, tools, techniques and strategic questions in this book you will have the answers to all of these questions. You will also know what to do to get bigger and better results.
“I am 100% confident that you will find the book engaging, provocative and informative and that, if you follow the steps, you will automatically experience massive improvements in your business development results.” – Ian Cooper
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - The 21 Common Sense Business Development Truths
1. Focus On Converting Leads, Not Just Generating Leads
2. Exceed Customer Expectations
3. Speak To Potential Customers And Clients And Speak To Them Nicely
4. Be Open For Business
5. Dont Let Your Administration Get In The Way
6. Theres No Job More Important Than Helping Customers or Clients Part With Their Cash
7. Dont Let Technology Get In The Way
8. Quality And Word Of Mouth Counts For Everything
9. Actively Strive For Consistency
10. Recruitment Is Part Of Business Development
11. Keep In Touch With Your Existing Customers And Clients
12. Master Social Online Media
13. Test Your Ideas, Concepts And Prices
14. Plan, But Keep Things Simple
15. Take Complaints Seriously
16. Make Your Customer Or Client Environment Appropriate
17. Train Your People To Spot Opportunities
18. Get Out Of Your Office Or Premises And Mix And Mingle
19. Find A Niche And Specialise
20. Model What Works Best
21. Be Squeaky Clean
Chapter 2 - Asking The Right Business Questions: A Toolkit For Business Development
The 5 Impact Questions
The 100 Business Development Questions
Chapter 3 - The 20 Business Development Pricing Tools, Truths And Techniques
1. Winning Business Is Not The Most Important Thing Being Profitable Is.
2. Price Is A Communications Issue, Not A Financial Or Accounting One.
3. Focus On Value And Service And Not Just Price.
4. Bundle In And Include As Much As You Can.
5. Unbundle And Charge Things Separately.
6. Dont Fall Into The Price Trap.
7. Consider Increasing Your Prices.
8. Use Division And Comparison.
9. Get Others To Justify Your Prices.
10. Price With Guarantees.
11. Price For Specialisation.
12. Price For Profile And Experience.
13. Price Based On Feedback And Testing.
14. Price For Prestige.
15. Price For Know-How.
16. Price With The Competition In Mind.
17. If You Must Have A Loss Leader, Make It Count.
18. Consider Special Deals, Promotions, Sales And Discounts.
19. Price For Easy Payment.
20. Pricing With Magic Numbers.
Chapter 4 Introducing The Business Development Priorities
Priority 1 Convert Leads, Opportunities And Enquiries Into Profitable Business.
Priority 2 Develop More Business From Existing Customers And Clients.
Priority 3 Externalise Business Development Efforts To Generate New Opportunities, Leads And Enquiries.
Chapter 5 - Priority 1 Convert Leads, Opportunities And Enquiries Into Profitable Business.
The 10 Commandments Of Converting Leads And Enquiries.
The 5 Step Conversion System.
Chapter 6 - Priority 2 Develop More Business From Existing Customers And Clients.
The Five Golden Rules:
Golden Rule 1 Know Your Customers And Clients.
Golden Rule 2 Keep Your Customers And Clients Happy.
Golden Rule 3 Keep In Touch With Customers And Clients
Golden Rule 4 Offer Additional Products And Services.
Golden Rule 5 Get Customers And Clients To Give You Referrals And Recommendations.
Chapter 7 - Priority 3 Externalise Business Development Efforts To Generate New Opportunities, Leads And Enquiries.
The Common Sense Guide To Developing Your Business Online.
14 Ways To Develop Your Business Through Joint Ventures And Collaboration.
How To Win In Competitive Situations.
Brand Your Way To Business Development Success.
Direct Targeting By Telephone
Chapter 8 - Personal Performance Business Development Skills
Sales Skills 9 Key Tips
Writing Skills 8 Important Rules
Conversational Networking Skills 8 Key Issues
Presentation Skills 10 Golden Rules
Negotiation Skills 10 Golden Rules
Time Management Skills 8 Important Tips
Chapter 9 Pulling It Altogether Making It Happen
Beware Of Planning Madness
Know What To Do First
Create Some Have To Targets
Hit Your Targets By Working Backwards
Provide Strong Leadership
Stop Putting Things Off
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- You Can Lead With Change (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $71.99
- Drive Growth Through Sustainable Business Practices (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $117.59