Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Investigating the Human Genome: Insights into Human Variation and Disease Susceptibility
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 256
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-276287-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-276287-8
Leading medical genetics scholar Moyra Smith reviews current and recent work in genetics and genomics to assess progress in understanding human variation and the pathogenesis of common and rare diseases in which genetics plays a role. Smith provides an exceptional overview of the most important biomedical progress arising from the greatly increased genetic information base generated by gene mapping and the sequencing of the complete Human Genome.
This book addresses into a wide spectrum of topics associated with human genetics and genomics, including:
- Human origins; migrations and human population diversity gained though genomic analyses.
- The complexities of psychiatric diseases that are influenced by genetics.
- The pathogenesis of late-onset neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinsonism, and ALS.
- Key aspects of protein misfolding.
- Gene-environment interactions in DNA damage and repair and DNA instability.
- Micro RNAs and mRNA translation.
- New functions for old enzymes in cancer.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Addicted Brain, The: Why We Abuse Drugs, Alcohol, and Nicotine
- eBook (Watermarked) $23.99