Online Rules of Successful Companies, The: The Fool-Proof Guide to Building Profits, Adobe Reader
Product Author Bios
ROBIN "ROBLIMO" MILLER is Editor-in-Chief for the Open Source Development Network, publishers of Slashdot, Freshmeat, NewsForge, SourceForge, and other leading online technology community sites. Before founding Slashdot, he owned one of the Internet's first profitable limousine services (hence "Roblimo").
Prior to becoming a successful Internet entrepreneur, Miller served stints as an electronics technician, taxi driver, copyeditor, taxi dispatcher, limo driver, auto mechanic, and cook.
Foreword by Rich Jaroslovsky, former managing editor, The Wall Street Journal Online
In The Online Rules of Successful Companies: The Fool-Proof Guide to Building Profits, leading Internet entrepreneur Robin "Roblimo" Miller (developer for Slashdot and Freshmeat Web sites) presents systematic rules for building the profitability of your business online, whatever you sell - products, services, information, or advertising. Miller offers streetwise advice on accomplishing more with less; anticipating trends without wasting resources; avoiding disastrous mistakes; making the most of email and chat; and using the Internet to support all of your business activities, both online and off.
Table of Contents
1. What Makes the Internet So Powerful?
2. Building a Web Site that Works.
3. Profitable Ecommerce.
4. Promotional Web Sites for Offline Businesses.
5. News and Discussion Web Sites.
6. Email and Chat as Profit Builders.
7. Site Promotion and Advertising.
8. Cost Control and Futureproofing.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.