Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Selling Blue Elephants: How to make great products that people want BEFORE they even know they want them
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $26.39
- List Price: $32.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 6x9
- Pages: 272
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-613668-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-613668-2
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-235297-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-235297-0
Really great products and really huge successes don’t come from focus groups! And if you simply rely on trial and error, or guesswork, you’ll lose far more often than you’ll win. Now, there’s a solution: Rule Developing Experimentation (RDE), the first systematized, disciplined, solution-oriented business process of experimentation.
In Selling Blue Elephants, RDE’s creators reveal how to systematically design, test, and modify alternative ideas, packages, products, and services, to discover offerings your customers will be passionate about...even if they can’t articulate the need, much less the solution!
Discover the seven easy steps that take you from cluelessness to clarity in just days... sometimes even hours. Watch RDE succeeding in companies ranging from Hewlett-Packard to Campbell’s, MasterCard to Maxwell House... and learn how to get the same outstanding results yourself, one step at a time, every time!
- Discover “how the world works” in your market
- Reveal the hidden rules that define your next breakthrough product
- Create prototypes that answer the right questions, fast
- Get at the truths your customers don’t know how to tell you
- Use automated tools to streamline the entire process
- Streamline your research, and get actionable answers in just days
- Extend RDE value throughout the enterprise
- From messaging to corporate communications to investor behavior
Visit the author's web site: www.SellingBlueElephants.com
Online Sample Chapter
Download the sample pages (includes Introduction, Foreword, and Index)
Table of Contents
ABOUT THE AUTHORS xiii
PART 1 MAKING MONEY 17
CHAPTER 1 HEWLETT-PACKARD SHIFTS GEARS 19
CHAPTER 2 MAXWELL HOUSE’S CALCULUS OF COFFEE 27
CHAPTER 3 DIALING UP DELICIOUS: MAJOR DISCOVERIES FROM VLASIC AND PREGO 47
CHAPTER 4 HOW TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD EVEN WHEN THEY PAY MORE 65
CHAPTER 5 DISCOVER MORE ABOUT YOUR COMPETITORS THAN THEY THEMSELVES KNOW—LEGALLY! 87
PART 2 MAKING THE FUTURE 105
CHAPTER 6 RUBIK’S CUBE OF CONSUMER ELECTRONICS INNOVATION 107
CHAPTER 7 BRIDGING COOL DESIGN WITH HOT SCIENCE 125
PART 3 FLYING TO VENUS 153
CHAPTER 8 MIND GENOMICS: CONSUMER MIND “ON THE SHELF” 155
CHAPTER 9 MAKING THE PRESIDENT AND PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS INTO “PRODUCTS” 183
CHAPTER 10 RDE DEFEATS MURPHY’S LAW AND “BARES” THE STOCK MARKETS 205
CHAPTER 11 ASIA CALLING, LTD.: THE CHINA ANGLE 225
CHAPTER 12 RDE’S “BRAVE NEW WORLD!” 235
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- How to Become Innovative
- eBook (Watermarked) $63.99
- Your Guide To Entertainment Marketing and Performance (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $83.99