Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Spider’s Strategy, The: Creating Networks to Avert Crisis, Create Change, and Really Get Ahead
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $27.99
- List Price: $34.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 6x9
- Pages: 256
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-712665-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-712665-1
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-714811-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-714811-0
To thrive in a world where networks of companies increasingly compete with other networks, managers can no longer focus solely on excellence in planning and execution. In The Spider’s Strategy, top business consultant Amit S. Mukherjee provides the tools you need to sense and respond to unexpected events. He shows why and how managers in your company must apply four powerful “Design Principles” today:
- Change everyday work practices by embedding “sense and response” within your normal plan-and-execute processes.
- Promote collaboration across partner companies by establishing practical mechanisms that make “win-win” a basis for action not an empty slogan.
- Ensure that work really teaches by assuring the culture, processes, and organizational structure to improve your company’s ability to learn.
- Implement those key technological capabilities that allow the network to function seamlessly.
The heart of this book includes proven implementation advice based on conversations with successful innovators at HP, Nokia, and beyond. Mukherjee offers new insight into everything from work practices to culture and corporate organization and shows how to overcome even the most stubborn obstacles to effective collaboration amongst partners.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
About the Author x
Part I: Why Change?
Chapter 1: The Fire That Changed an Industry 3
Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past 17
Chapter 3: Visions from the Present 45
Part II: Design Principles for Adaptive Capabilities
Chapter 4: Transform Everyday Work 69
Chapter 5: Succeed in a Dog-Eat-Dog World 97
Chapter 6: Ensure That Work Teaches 131
Chapter 7: Make Technology Matter 163
Part III: Going Adaptive
Chapter 8: Create the Organization 197
Chapter 9: Introduce Change Holographically 209
Epilogue: Two Views of a Company 225
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Successful Management Guidelines (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $33.59
- Set Yourself Up for Success (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.19