Spider’s Strategy, The: Creating Networks to Avert Crisis, Create Change, and Really Get Ahead
- By Amit S. Mukherjee
- Published Sep 10, 2008 by FT Press.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 6x9
- Pages: 256
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-712665-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-712665-1
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-714811-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-714811-0
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Product Author Bios
Dr. Amit S. Mukherjee leads Ishan Advisors, an executive education and strategy consulting company. He has been a faculty member at a top business school, the founder of consulting practices at two well-known firms, and an executive officer of a small public company.
Mukherjee and his family live in Watertown, Massachusetts. He enjoys hiking, cooking, traveling, and reading. He still gets wistful about the days when he had time to enjoy cricket.
For more information about Mukherjee, please visit www.ishanadvisors.com.
To thrive in a world where networks of companies increasingly compete with other networks, managers can no longer focus solely on excellence in planning and execution. In The Spider’s Strategy, top business consultant Amit S. Mukherjee provides the tools you need to sense and respond to unexpected events. He shows why and how managers in your company must apply four powerful “Design Principles” today:
- Change everyday work practices by embedding “sense and response” within your normal plan-and-execute processes.
- Promote collaboration across partner companies by establishing practical mechanisms that make “win-win” a basis for action not an empty slogan.
- Ensure that work really teaches by assuring the culture, processes, and organizational structure to improve your company’s ability to learn.
- Implement those key technological capabilities that allow the network to function seamlessly.
The heart of this book includes proven implementation advice based on conversations with successful innovators at HP, Nokia, and beyond. Mukherjee offers new insight into everything from work practices to culture and corporate organization and shows how to overcome even the most stubborn obstacles to effective collaboration amongst partners.
› See all 6 customer reviews...
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
About the Author x
Part I: Why Change?
Chapter 1: The Fire That Changed an Industry 3
Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past 17
Chapter 3: Visions from the Present 45
Part II: Design Principles for Adaptive Capabilities
Chapter 4: Transform Everyday Work 69
Chapter 5: Succeed in a Dog-Eat-Dog World 97
Chapter 6: Ensure That Work Teaches 131
Chapter 7: Make Technology Matter 163
Part III: Going Adaptive
Chapter 8: Create the Organization 197
Chapter 9: Introduce Change Holographically 209
Epilogue: Two Views of a Company 225
This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.